Sunday, December 27, 2009

The holidays

So after 5 days off from work it's back to work already.. 5 days really isn't long enough to unwind in my opinion. It takes 3 just to feel like you don't have the weight of work on your shoulders. For these 5 days too I had my Mum and my mother-in-law here along with looking after my two girls most of the time so I didn't really get a whole lot of downtime. I feel like I could still sleep for another couple of days just to unwind. But, it's life that I'm part of this rat-race and have to go back to work on Monday.

I just got a call today too that another one of the guys on my team has quit. So now I'll be pushed even harder to try and make our delivery dates. My other coworker also doesn't look like he's excited to take on the job full time past his current contract so I'll be looking for more people. The work is definitely very challenging; but it's also very rewarding and interesting. It takes the right kind of person I guess since we've had two people quit in just the last month to go to other work and one a couple months before that.

I've got to get back to the gym... the holidays and my friend being close haven't helped with my weight; we need to lose this extra inches I've added to my tummy, and soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment